Twilight Realms Of Elberen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat-Based Cooperative Storytelling

Download RaidCall!
Radio Rivendell - The Fantasy Radio Station!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Race relations

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Race relations Empty Race relations Fri May 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

(Tell me if any don't work Adimidguy)

Pre cataclysm relations

Elden and sprites: Very good considering them being the oldest races.

Elden and Trall: Good for the most part, the Trall shake their heads still at the extensive use of magic by the Elden, they have always been wary of the arcane.

Sprites and Trall: Trall tended to  reason better with Sprites, a good lot of trade.

Elden/sprites and Orcs: Loathed them.

Trall and orcs: Limited relations with a few tribes

Elden/sprites and Goblins: find them to be a violent nuisance if ever they travel near them.

Trall and goblins: since they live mostly underground the Trall only clash with the ones foolish enough to attack them whilst they mine.

Post cataclysm relations

Elden and sprites/Trall: Right after the cataclysm Sprites and Trall both loathed the Elden with a passion, Trall and Elden encounters usually ended in a ripped open Elden or a smoldering Trall. In the modern time of Elberen the Elden are still slightly frowned upon by the Sprites and Trall...but not nearly to the fanatical level that it once was, trade between the 3 are common.

Goblins: When the Trall where forced under ground they committed a genocide of the goblins, not many tribes remain.

All races and orcs: Orcs after the cataclysm had a burning rage ignited in their hearts, and did not only blame the Elden for the cataclysm but the Sprites and Trall, that hatred for the 3 races lives to this day.

Humans and Elden: Those knife ears are none of my bloody business.

Humans and Sprites: Humans having major cities on the coast do a massive amount of trade with the sea faring Sprites.

Humans and Trall: They really don't care for each other, they have a war every 60 some years, 100 tops.

2Race relations Empty Re: Race relations Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Grond, you're a treasure. Seriously. Smile

I like all of it except for one part (and it's basically my own fault since I haven't had a chance to write this all down for you guys to see).

The Elden were extremely arrogant and aristocratic during the pre-cataclysm years.

The Trall were enslaved by the Elden, who used them for heavy labor and the bulk of their infantry. The Trall were gravely mistreated by most Elden, but were held in check by the Elden's command of magical Art.

Like the Trall, the Sprites were also enslaved by the Elden, but the Sprites were used as messengers, courtiers and the like. Sprites were prized for their beautiful wings and iridescent eyes. Unlike the Trall, however, the Sprites did not resent their enslavement as the Elden afforded them a measure of protection from a world that was often brutal to small and fragile creatures.

The cataclysm basically knocked the Elden down from their high horse and turned the tables on them. Now it was the Elden who were vulnerable and weak as they lost most of their learning and lore.

Depending on which regions one travels to, hostilities toward Elden can either be extremely high or moderately tolerant. The Elden, to their credit, have completely changed their way of life and no longer seek to subjugate anyone.

But old resentments sometimes die hard... Smile

https://elberen.rpg-board.net

3Race relations Empty Re relations Sat May 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

So kind of like the Romans? And I Assume their where Trall and Sprite kingdoms however small they where? Gee now the Trall hate the Elden as well as the humans for the most part, their only true allies are the Sprites and maybe a senseable Orc tribe here and there.

4Race relations Empty Re: Race relations Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I would say more like Imperial China. Yes, there were Trall and Sprite settlements, but they were held closely in check by the Elden. Basically, everyone was in servitude to the Elden in some way.

Those places that the Elden conquered, at least.

5Race relations Empty Re Chinese elden Sat May 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

I assume Elden get roughed up (code for slaughter or capture then sold to orcs and humans as slaves) by most Trall then?

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/261/c/7/slaying_the_troll_by_parsakoira-d2yz3x6.jpg

6Race relations Empty Re: Race relations Sat May 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

It depends on which Trall clan one is dealing with. Some Trall clans still hold resentment toward Elden, but won't go out of their way to harm them (thousands of years is a long time to hold a grudge, after all). Other clans will kill them on site or, as you suggested, sell them into slavery.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum