Twilight Realms Of Elberen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat-Based Cooperative Storytelling

Download RaidCall!
Radio Rivendell - The Fantasy Radio Station!

You are not connected. Please login or register

We need to talk...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1We need to talk... Empty We need to talk... Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hello everyone,

Due to recent events, I have decided to put Elberen on temporary hiatus until a resolution can be reached on the following issue. ALL OF US are responsible for this, and until we can work things out in a way that satisfies everyone, I simply cannot continue.

Here is the issue:

The roleplaying has reached a point where people's feelings are being hurt by players attacking other players. Regardless of how justified these attacks may or may not be - Elberen is NOT a pvp game. Elberen only works if everyone cooperates with each other in a friendly manner.

It is customary in many roleplaying games for a player who wishes to attack another player to ask their permission beforehand. This ensures that everyone is agreeable and on the same page before things get crazy. This needs to happen in Elberen.

That said, I must also apologize for letting this go on as long as I did.

Elberen is a story. A story without conflict is, frankly, boring as hell. However, when that conflict turns into real-life hurt feelings and resentment, it's time to examine our motivations.

So, here we stand. We all know what I'm talking about here, and it's up to us to fix it. If we cannot openly discuss a solution to this, then there is really no point in continuing.

What will we do, friends?

https://elberen.rpg-board.net

2We need to talk... Empty Perhaps I should Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

Does 2 single events of RP lead to such drastic actions? I thought it made sense, alot in fact and it made for good RP. I want the conflict over in RP as much as anyone but it is "RP"...I'm not actually throwing someone around like a rag doll. If 2 events lead to people being upset over RP perhaps I should step out of the picture because of my apparent violent behavior so Elberen can be a more positive place. I do not want to hurt anybody over this.

I'm open to ideas still.

3We need to talk... Empty Re: We need to talk... Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I'm going to wait for Tain to respond as this involves all of us.

I will say that I don't think it's drastic. I just wanted to pause things until we get over this bump in the road, that's all. Also, despite how it may look, this isn't any one person's fault and I'm not trying to make it look that way.

We're all friends here.

4We need to talk... Empty Sorry about that last comment.... Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

I really like both you guys, REALLY. And I am willing to make Grondthanc less violent...I have a story idea in fact for it in the future. But we need to make things up in the RP first.

5We need to talk... Empty Re: We need to talk... Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

It's my fault for not having said something earlier (it goes back a teensy bit further than just the last two sessions)

I think it bothers me most that Tain can't seem to resolve it herself - maybe she's having trouble focusing on whatever ails Grond because she's been through quite a bit herself - lots of grief, pain, hurt, abandonment...and now abuse.

It needs to be resolved, but Tain is not only out of ideas, but also out of whatever patience she had to dig down really deep to find to deal with this inexplicable violence which seems to her (and yes, to me) so out of character for Grond, not to mention having come from out of the blue.

She doesn't have a family, she doesn't have a tribe, she doesn't have Andel or Dennivar to turn to anymore - Roveno seems like a good "guy" but that relationship is way too new for her to be completely comfortable with it or with him. She is completely alone and yeah she's strong but only to a point - she's actually confused and scared.

Tell me your ideas Grond, because she and I are completely out.

I love this game and I will not let it die. Sad

6We need to talk... Empty Re: We need to talk... Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

To be fair, Tain, I think you are overreacting just a teensy bit here. Let's all just remember that this is a GAME and that none of it is real. Saying that you're out of ideas on how to deal with this is a bit of a cop-out. It's simple: no attacking other players without their consent first. Also, if you roleplay yourself into a situation, it's up to YOU to roleplay yourself out of it. Tain took sides that left Grond and Andel wondering if she was their friend after all. Grond acted within character, in my opinion. But, he should have asked permission OOC before attacking.

That's my take on things.

7We need to talk... Empty Re: We need to talk... Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

I'm out of ideas because Tain has tried both being sweet to him and trying to hurt him. Neither worked.
I may be overreacting because it's frustrating and I did not rp Tain into anything that it would have seemed that she needed to get herself out of - she didn't realize (nor did I) who or what Dennivar was...*sigh*

Never mind.

Now that I've brought this to the fore and we all know I'm sure it will work itself out.

We can't get ourselves back on track unless we play. I'll be available Saturday.

Will anybody else be there?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum