Twilight Realms Of Elberen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat-Based Cooperative Storytelling

Download RaidCall!
Radio Rivendell - The Fantasy Radio Station!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Beginning Chapter 3: The Dinner Party

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Beginning Chapter 3: The Dinner Party Empty The Beginning Chapter 3: The Dinner Party Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

The tall Emberwood trees sway slowly in the breeze overhead.

21:20 Grondthanc Hah! There they are!

21:21 Grondthanc My home is not to far into the woods!

21:21 Tain Tain frowns. "There is who?"

21:21 =Scene= The air is very close, and the wide boled trees seem to press
in on all sides.

21:21 Tain Tain suddenly reaches out and grabs hold of Grond's sleeve. "What was that?"

21:22 Grondthanc <jolts at the grab and looks down stopping "What was what?">

21:22 Tain Out there. Tain points. I saw a light like a candle. Wait! I see dozens more now. What is that?

21:23 Grondthanc (My home?)

21:23 =Scene= Before you stand two gigantic gates shaped in the likeness of
leaves.

21:23 Grondthanc Oh yes...the door.

21:24 Tain Tain suddenly stands still and her ears twitch. "What was that noise?"

21:24 =Scene= They appear to be made of harpstone...by an art long lost.

21:24 Grondthanc <pats Tain on the back hardly "Lets press on.">

21:24 Grondthanc <strides up to the gate>

21:24 Tain Didn't you hear that? Is was a soft metallic sound, like a someone sharpening a knife against a fork.

21:24 Tain It was...

21:25 Tain Tain winces as Grond touches her

21:25 =Scene= One of the Leaf-Gates stands slightly ajar, and a haunting tone emits from the stone where it is touched. Each place a different tone.

21:25 Grondthanc You will get used to it....I live not to far from the gate. Noises are heard often in this place.

21:26 Tain Tain's eyes look around wildly. "I'm not sure this is any better than the city. Are you sure it's ok here?"

21:26 Andel moans weakly.

21:26 Grondthanc I live in it! Have I not made that clear!

21:27 Grondthanc <rolls his big orange eyes, hating to half to repeat himself>

21:27 Tain Tain sighs. "Fine. Put the Mighty Magician down somewhere."

21:27 Grondthanc Wait...at the gate? Why not just get to my home? *turns to look down at Tain*

21:28 Tain "How far is it? He seems to be in pain. Obviously more than me." She pointedly touches her bruised face.

21:28 Grondthanc Not far at all really...about half a mile north east.

21:29 Tain Tain squints up at Andel who hangs over Grond's shoulder. "He might make it that far. We'll just have to take the chance. Let's go"

21:29 =Scene= The party continues through the Leaf-Gates and before long, a well-tended home of wood and thatch appears in a small clearing.

21:30 Grondthanc <slows down at they clearing and looks to the slightly ramshackle home with a toothy grin>

21:31 Grondthanc Come on then lets get him inside!

21:31 Tain Tain surveys the house. "Is this it?"

21:32 Grondthanc Yes of course now come on you where in such a rush earlier!

21:32 Grondthanc <moves up the steps and to the porch getting out a massive key, the house is almost two times the size of a human deweling>

21:32 Tain Me? I wasn't in a rush. I just ...uh...felt the need for some ... trees. Yeah. I like trees.

21:33 Grondthanc <Turns the key in the door and walks inside to the main room.>

21:34 Tain Pointing toward the bed, Tain indicates that Grond should place Andel there.

21:34 Grondthanc <thuds to the massive bed and places the elden down
as softly as he can>

21:34 Andel looks extremely small in the great Trall bed.

21:35 Grondthanc <takes off his own coat and hat and puts them on finely carved pegs>

21:36 Tain The juxtaposition of the small Elden in the engulfing bed almost causes Tain to develop a soft spot in her heart, but she clears her head with a shake and kneels down as she takes a blue vial from her bag

21:36 Tain I think this might work. At least I hope it works better than his magic does.

21:37 Grondthanc <walks back over to the bed in now just his trousers and shirt>

21:37 Grondthanc WE can only hope...

21:37 Tain Now you may want to hold your nose. It doesn't smell very good. It comes from the belly of a slug, but it's a bona fide wonder working potion.

21:38 Grondthanc I have smelled worse...
21:38 Tain can believe that Grond has smelled worse, since he don't smell all that good right now

21:40 Tain glances up at Grond. "I may have led you to believe that this is something drinkable. It's not. It's a lotion potion.

21:43 Tain Okay, Grond, I need to ask you for something else. Hopefully this won't be too difficult.

21:43 Grondthanc What would that be?

21:43 Tain sets the vial down beside her and begins to unbutton Andel's shirt

21:43 Grondthanc A foot rub perhaps?

21:44 Tain I'll need some water to dilute the Ruhagoo." Tain rolls her eyes. "Grond, he's hurt and you're making jokes. I need to move quickly. Can you get me some water?"

21:45 Grondthanc <mumbles "A joke at you your worship.." he now trots out the door to the well.>

21:45 Tain Tain's fingers move deftly as they slip Andel's arms one by one from his shirt

21:46 Grondthanc <outside the house fills up a bucket mumbling about Tain and calling her a few nasty names.>

21:46 Tain As she positions his arms at his sides a soft look comes over her face for a fleeting moment

21:47 Grondthanc <swings open the door the bucket sloshing slightly "Here is your water *sets down the bucket and thuds himself down in his favorite chair.>

21:49 Tain Grond, bring the water closer and I'll need a bowl to dilute the lotion potion. If it's not diluted, you see, it can burn the skin.

21:50 Grondthanc <sighs his head falls back then he gets up to the bed.>

21:51 Tain I'll also have to be careful not to use too much or it can cause insomnia and heart papples. This is a very powerful lotion

21:52 Tain Grond! Bowl please!

21:52 Grondthanc <reaches for a bowl dips it in the bowl and hands it to TAin>

21:58 Andel moans weekly and moves his head from side to side, his face contorting in pain.

21:59 Tain Now Grond, this will smell awful. It’s made from slugs, you know.

22:00 GrondthancLets hope nothing explodes...or whatever could go wrong.

22:00 Grondthanc <steps back>

22:00 Tain Tain uncaps the vial, pours a drop into the bowl that Grond has provided and then cups her hands into the bucket of water and adds three handfuls to the lotion potion

22:01 Tain She leans over Andel, drizzling the concoction carefully over his chest.

22:01 Grondthanc <Truly is concerned for his companion...but wishs for dinner.>

22:02 Tain Grond? Is that your stomach growling or are you having a problem with the smell?

22:02 Andel 's body convulses once, twice....and his eyes slowly open.

22:02 Grondthanc If he pulls through we will dine...

22:03 Tain Tain leans over Andel and tilts her head, squints her eyes and asks, "Do you know who you are?"

22:04 Grondthanc <can't help put chuckle at the question>

22:04 Andel blinks slowly, looking up at Tain. "I...I am Andel Red-Wolf- Running."

22:04 Grondthanc <lets out a cheer "HAHA the cranium destroyer lives!">

22:04 Tain Tain nods in satisfaction.

22:05 Andel blinks again. I....this is a story that is going to scar me for life, isn't it?

22:06 Grondthanc I'll get some food then...

22:06 Andel quickly shrugs his arms into his shirtsleeves, and buttoning the buttons he looks more than a little confused and uncomfortable.

22:07 Grondthanc <walks over to a ladder and climbs up it to his store room.>

22:07 Grondthanc <comes back down with a bag of random food>

22:08 Tain Tain seems to be miles away

22:08 Andel ((Mmmm...random-o's! My favorite!))

22:08 Grondthanc (Eat them all now! Don't just push them around!)

22:08 Andel runs a nervous hand through his hair "I...what happened? Where are we?"

22:08 Tain ((LOL Random food???))

22:09 Grondthanc <walks over to a table and pulls it up in the middle of the room "You tried to heal a man who blew his hand up on my head...you blew up his.">

22:09 Tain Tain drifts over to the window and leans her cheek against it. It feels cool against her warm throbbing cheek.

22:10 Andel 's eyes go wide "I WHAT??"

22:10 Grondthanc <nods setting some plates and bowls out "Yeah, you'll have to teach me sometime...">

22:10 Andel looks positively horrified.

22:10 Tain Turning her face to gaze out the lower part of the window Tain's eyes fill with tears.

22:11 Grondthanc Bah they attacked us...they where but brigands Andel.

22:11 Andel I...how did I end up here? What happened to me?

22:12 Grondthanc You where blew back 20 some feet and passed out from the gore fountain...don't ask me how.

22:12 Andel 's face turns deathly pale.

22:12 Andel I....I see.

22:12 Andel turns to look at Tain "You...healed me?"

22:12 Grondthanc Bah, lets eat *goes to counter to get the food>

22:13 Tain A soft sigh issues from deep inside, and she swipes her arm across her eyes as she turns to focus on the conversation, wincing as she swipes her cheek too hard.

22:13 Grondthanc <chops up a bit of this and that, burns a bit of that and this at the counter.>

22:13 Tain I guess I did

22:13 Andel notices the bruise on her cheek and stands "You are hurt."

22:13 Tain No, See YOU were hurt. I healed you.

22:14 Grondthanc <puts the food where it is needed.>

22:14 Andel puts a gentle hand to her cheek "Someone has hit you."

22:14 Tain Tain narrows her eyes and growls. As she walks toward the food, she pushes Andel's hand away. "Leave it be, Elden"

22:15 Andel opens his mouth as if to say something, but thinks better of it. He joins Grond and Tain at the uncomfortably high table.

22:15 Grondthanc Well, on the menu tonight is...

22:15 Grondthanc Onions and meat...

22:15 Andel ((RANDOM-O'S!!!))

22:16 Tain None of it looks very appetizing and the smell turns Tain's stomach. She turns pale.

22:17 Grondthanc <thuds himself in his favorite chair at the head of the table "Come come!">

22:17 Andel takes some of the food, not wishing to appear impolite. "Well....we must find the missing shipment, yes?"

22:17 Tain Excusing herself with a muffled noise, Tain goes for the door, but finds it too heavy to open. She simply sinks to the floor with a sob.

22:18 Andel blinks and looks at Tain in bewilderment "I....Tain?"

22:19 Tain Tain preemptively waves Andel back. "Don't...just....leave me alone...I'll be going in a ... as soon as ...I ..." She chokes and wretches

22:19 Andel Windfather....what is wrong, Tain?

22:19 Andel moves to kneel down at her side, shrugging at Grond in confusion.

22:23 Tain Tain shoves Andel weakly, but then simply shakes her head. "After he...after he hit me...he made me...he poured something down my throat...Ghamiq maybe...I'm seeing and hearing things...I hate him..."

22:24 Tain Tain falls to all fours and wretches again, then lays flat on her belly, her bruised cheek to the floor, tears coursing from her eyes.

22:25 Grondthanc <looks over at the two as he eats an entire onion in one bite>

22:25 Grondthanc The Hell is going on with her?

22:25 Tain At this moment, Tain seems quite vulnerable and small. Her sobs are heartrending

22:26 Grondthanc <has a strange expression fall on his face, its pitty.>

Apr 28 18:02:01 * Andel, feeling helpless, moves to sit on the edge of Grondthanc's gigantic bed, sipping tea from an oversized mug and looking out the window at the surrounding forest. His face is a mask of doubt and worry.

Apr 28 18:02:30 * Grondthanc <finishs up his slab of meat and onions>

Apr 28 18:03:05 <Tain> Tain paces and wrings her hands, mumbling to herself and growing more agitated by the minute.

Apr 28 18:03:40 * Grondthanc <throws the plate over his shoulder with a grunt and it crashs somewhere>

Apr 28 18:03:50 <Grondthanc> REMARKABLE!

Apr 28 18:03:51 * Andel jumps with a gasp

Apr 28 18:04:03 <Tain> Tain jumps as well and glowers darkly at Grond

Apr 28 18:04:12 <Andel> Why....why would you smash your own dishes?

Apr 28 18:04:14 * Grondthanc <pushs back his chair and stands up>

Apr 28 18:04:38 <Grondthanc> Well kiddies...questions? Plans? Sleep maybe afterwards?

Apr 28 18:05:00 * Andel turns back to the window "I...I should not have come on this quest."

Apr 28 18:05:41 <Tain> Sleep? I cannot sleep! But yes, I have questions, Grond. What happens now? Why are we here? What are your plans?

Apr 28 18:06:13 <Tain> The pitch of Tain's voice grows higher as she speaks

Apr 28 18:06:28 <Grondthanc> You try to eat something, You are at my house, and I have no idea whats next.

Apr 28 18:07:12 * Andel sighs and shakes his head "I should return to my tribe. I have failed here."

Apr 28 18:07:13 <Tain> Stomping her foot, Tain places her hands on her hips. "I can't eat. I can only worry. Why did you bring us here? Are you going to help me or not?"

Apr 28 18:07:38 <Tain> Turning to Andel Tain asks, "Your what? Why are you here Elden?"

Apr 28 18:08:41 * Andel looks up at the irritated Elden woman "I have failed. If what Grond says is true, I have....taken a life through my own inept use of Art. I am...shamed."

Apr 28 18:09:15 <Grondthanc> BAH you blew his head sky high! It was remarkable...and he did attack us do you notremember?

Apr 28 18:09:48 <Andel> I remember...but...I sought to heal him. Instead, I killed him. Windfather forgive me...

Apr 28 18:10:02 <Tain> Tain rolls her eyes at Andel. "Look, you have to practice on someone, you know. It was just unfortunate that's all. At least we know that you're not inept at killing. That's the bright side."

Apr 28 18:10:15 * Andel recoils from Tain in horror.

Apr 28 18:10:44 <Tain> Tain chews on her lip. "Yes....very bright." She narrows her eyes at Andel. "I need your help. Both of you."

Apr 28 18:10:58 <Andel> Have you no shame? Do you so easily forget the ways of your people? Our way is not the way of the predator, the murderer. Our way is the way of Balance and Restoration!

Apr 28 18:11:15 <Grondthanc> Our help? We came here for a job...Andel knows the details. Correct!...you do remember them...er correct?

Apr 28 18:12:16 * Grondthanc <chuckled a bit at balance and restoration>

Apr 28 18:12:33 <Tain> Tain stares cooly at Andel for a long moment and then turns toward Gond. "The job can wait. In fact, it must wait. I need to restore the balance of my life. And of my brother's life. And I would rather not do it alone."

Apr 28 18:13:01 * Andel blinks in confusion at Tain. "What...do you mean?"

Apr 28 18:14:06 <Tain> Tain turns back to Andel. "I mean...my brother's life hangs *in* the balance which must be restored."

Apr 28 18:14:23 * Grondthanc <thuds over to Tain "How so?">

Apr 28 18:14:35 * Andel listens intently

Apr 28 18:15:39 <Tain> Having seemingly gained their attention, Tain gracefully folds her legs under her as she sits on the floor in one fluid movement. "I need your help"

Apr 28 18:15:55 <Andel> But...we have been hired to....

Apr 28 18:16:27 <Grondthanc> me <punchs Andel's arm to shut him up>

Apr 28 18:16:28 <Tain> She takes a deep breath. "The Night Wind holds my brother against his will.

Apr 28 18:16:47 <Tain> Tain thanks Grond with her eyes and a nod

Apr 28 18:17:07 * Andel flies back against the wall with an exclamation of pain "Ow! Hey!"

Apr 28 18:17:46 * Grondthanc <rolls his orange eyes knowing he broke nothing "Go on Tain..."

Apr 28 18:18:27 <Tain> Tain plows ahead, now that she's begun. She seems to feel that if she stops she won't be able to start again. "They have threatened to kill him if I don't work for them and bring them gold every day"

Apr 28 18:18:50 * Andel blinks in surprise, his pain forgotten.

Apr 28 18:19:29 <Grondthanc> Then we go to these Night riders or whatever...threaten to eat them. And we leave with your brother correct?

Apr 28 18:19:50 * Andel chuckles slightly at the Trall's bravado.

Apr 28 18:20:05 <Tain> 'This is not the life I envisioned, but I am deep in their business now. There is no way they will let me - or us - go. I didn't bring them anything today and that's why...well, that's why they hurt me and ...since I've run..

Apr 28 18:20:17 <Tain> "well...now I'm very afraid for Koko"

Apr 28 18:20:37 * Andel frowns in thought.

Apr 28 18:21:02 <Tain> "There is nothing more for me but the Night Wind, but I want to free my brother"

Apr 28 18:21:10 <Andel> So...they did not wish for you to come to the Eldenwood?

Apr 28 18:21:24 * Grondthanc <scratchs his neck which is now exposed due to the lack of his coat as if he is thinking as well.>

Apr 28 18:22:06 <Tain> Tain shakes her head. "No of course not...they want gold and whatever else I can steal. I must bring them such every day, or they say they will kill my brother"

Apr 28 18:22:33 <Andel> I know nothing of these Night Wind. They are powerful?

Apr 28 18:23:01 <Tain> Biting her lip hard as if to keep it from trembling Tain looks up through her lowered lashes and nods silently

Apr 28 18:23:51 * Grondthanc pops his long massive fingers "WELL THEN! Its a rescue mission! Shall we sleep on it and depart in the morning or leave at once?">

Apr 28 18:24:47 <Andel> I am thinking that unless Tain returns with something of value, this Night Watch will harm her brother. We must find something to ease their doubts until we can formulate a plan to rescue her brother, yes?

Apr 28 18:25:17 <Tain> Tain sighs. "That's just it. I cannot be away overnight. And I must bring them something to keep them satisfied. I don't care what they do to me, but I can't let them hurt Koko. I must go back tonight."

Apr 28 18:25:49 * Grondthanc <looks around his house "Er well...I may have something. Give me a moment">

Apr 28 18:25:57 <Tain> Tain slumps. "And I have nothing of value. So I have some work to do."

Apr 28 18:26:26 * Andel looks out the window "We have several hours of daylight left to us, outside. How well do you know this forest, Grond?"

Apr 28 18:26:26 <Tain> Lifting her gaze to Grond, Tain looks cautiously hopeful.

Apr 28 18:26:36 * Grondthanc <thuds over to the ladder to the second level>

Apr 28 18:26:58 <Grondthanc> I know this part well enough to not get eaten if thats what your asking...

Apr 28 18:27:10 * Grondthanc <rumages through a chest>

Apr 28 18:27:27 <Tain> "Elden, what of value could possibly be found in the forest?"

Apr 28 18:28:31 <Andel> I confess I know not. My tribe does not come to the Eldenwood. It is a haunted place full of forgotten evils. Our songs do not speak of it. Only cautionary tales.

Apr 28 18:28:40 * Grondthanc <pulls out something from the chest with an "AH HA!">

Apr 28 18:29:09 <Tain> Tain's ears twitch and she looks up at where Grond's voice came from

Apr 28 18:29:17 <Andel> What have you found, my friend?

Apr 28 18:29:26 * Grondthanc <swings himself over the second story railing and down to the main floor with an earthquake like effect>

Apr 28 18:29:37 <Tain> "Well there is certainly nothing here in the forest which the Night Wind would consider valuable"

Apr 28 18:29:58 * Andel winces at the small earthquake and wonders how the house is still standing...

Apr 28 18:30:18 <Tain> Tain loses her balance and bumps her chin on her knee

Apr 28 18:30:46 * Grondthanc <holds out a large trall sized necklace of master craft with strange carvings on it>

Apr 28 18:31:17 * Andel 's eyes widen at the exquisite craftsmanship. "I...I had not thought the Trall were capable of...of such beauty!"

Apr 28 18:31:20 <Tain> Her curiosity piqued, Tain tilts her head and eyes the necklace. "What is this, Grond?"

Apr 28 18:31:39 <Grondthanc> It now means little to me...but If possible I want it back.

Apr 28 18:31:54 * Grondthanc <holds it out to Tain>

Apr 28 18:32:44 <Tain> Tain reaches out for the necklace and once in her hand she realizes how heavy it is. Her shoulders slump and she shakes her head. "I can't even carry it Grond. They'll never believe I stole this."

Apr 28 18:33:15 <Tain> 'Look, I'll go back to the city and find something."

Apr 28 18:33:22 <Grondthanc> Throw it over you back then...

Apr 28 18:33:36 <Grondthanc> And we can't have you stealing things...take it.

Apr 28 18:34:30 <Tain> 'Grond, it's very generous of you, but ... I can't haul this all the way back to the city. They'll never believe I snatched it and ran - and that will only get me more trouble. Anyway, stealing is what I do, Grond."

Apr 28 18:34:53 <Grondthanc> I am no saint...but is it whats right TAin?

Apr 28 18:35:18 <=Scene=> From outside, the air is pierced by a bestial shriek overhead.

Apr 28 18:35:27 <Grondthanc> SHIT!

Apr 28 18:35:37 <Tain> "And it's getting late and I have to get back with the goods or...well, I don't want to even think of what might hap..." Tain starts and cringes.

Apr 28 18:35:44 * Andel 's eyes go wide. "What...what was that?"

Apr 28 18:35:51 <Grondthanc> GET IN THE DAMN CELLAR!

Apr 28 18:36:01 <Andel> Why the cellar? Are we not safe....?

Apr 28 18:36:06 <Tain> Tain looks confused. "Wha..?"

Apr 28 18:36:18 * Grondthanc <throws a crates aside and reveals a door in the floor>

Apr 28 18:36:28 <Grondthanc> damn it this is to early for them....

Apr 28 18:36:32 <Tain> Tain shakes her head. "No! I must go!"

Apr 28 18:36:37 <=Scene=> The loud, leathery snap of wings can be heard outside as trees bend backward.

Apr 28 18:36:48 <Grondthanc> GET DOWN HERE NOW!

Apr 28 18:36:59 <Tain> She starts for the door then thinks better of it. "Is there a back way out?"

Apr 28 18:37:10 * Andel looks out the window and his face pales. "Windfather....."

Apr 28 18:37:16 * Grondthanc <grabs her and runs to the door.>

Apr 28 18:37:21 <Grondthanc> trap door*

Apr 28 18:37:25 <Tain> "Grond, I have to go - they'll hurt my bro..."

Apr 28 18:37:26 * Andel turns to run.

Apr 28 18:37:33 <Tain> Tain shrieks

Apr 28 18:37:38 * Grondthanc <jumps down into the stone cellar>

Apr 28 18:37:46 <Tain> "Let GO!"

Apr 28 18:37:49 <=Scene=> The wall shatters inward as something massive bowls through it.

Apr 28 18:37:58 * Andel dives down into the cellar.

Apr 28 18:38:11 * Grondthanc <close the door and locks it.>

Apr 28 18:38:35 * Grondthanc <lights a lantern.>

Apr 28 18:39:04 <=Scene=> From beyond the door comes the sound of wood splintering...and sniffing.

Apr 28 18:39:33 * Grondthanc <orange eyes glow in the dim light>

Apr 28 18:39:35 <Tain> Tain struggles in vain and finally slumps over and begins to cry. "What just happened up there? You don't understand....it's ... I can't stay here....DO something!"

Apr 28 18:39:46 * Grondthanc <covers TAin's mouth>

Apr 28 18:40:11 <=Scene=> A voice....a terrible voice speaks in broken common...

Apr 28 18:40:17 <Tain> Tain's eyes open wide in disbelief. Her fingers claw at Grond's big hand as she struggles to breathe

Apr 28 18:40:25 * Grondthanc <takes an axe from the wall>

Apr 28 18:40:43 * Grondthanc <looks at Tain as if to say shut up and takes his hand away.>

Apr 28 18:41:31 <Tain> Tain takes a deep breath - several deep gasping breaths and nods.

Apr 28 18:41:32 <Ghul> TrAlL....GhUlL cOmE fOr YoU. We fIgHt....CoMe fIgHt, TrAlL.....

Apr 28 18:42:19 * Grondthanc <takes Tain's hand and nods to Andel and leads them into a corner>

Apr 28 18:42:37 * Andel whispers "What in the name of the Ancestors is THAT?"

Apr 28 18:43:26 * Grondthanc <looks down to Andel, his big orange eyes wide "Damn thing flies over the woods every night, this is early for him.">

Apr 28 18:43:29 <Tain> Tain whispers, "Something large and awful. Something keeping me from leaving.." She begins to sound angry

Apr 28 18:43:53 <Ghul> YoU nOt HiDe FrOm GhUl, TrAlL. GhUl FiNd YoU. FiGhT!!

Apr 28 18:44:34 <Tain> Her voice grows a bit louder and she sputters. "What? This is routine? Let me OUT of here, Grond. Right now!!"

Apr 28 18:44:54 <=Scene=> The sniffing sounds stops abruptly and there is a terrible silence....

Apr 28 18:45:03 * Grondthanc <looks down at the two "The tunnel goes down farther if things go badly...take care if this is the end.>

Apr 28 18:45:14 <Andel> Grond...no....

Apr 28 18:45:21 <Andel> I will stand at your side....

Apr 28 18:45:36 <Tain> "Is there a way out through the back? Because I have to GO"

Apr 28 18:45:47 * Grondthanc <smiles a bit "Fine, your funeral." he now looks to tain.>

Apr 28 18:45:47 <Andel> Are you MAD, woman?

Apr 28 18:46:07 <Tain> Tain glares at Andel. "I'm getting pretty mad."

Apr 28 18:46:44 * Grondthanc <throws off his shirt, he has a few deep scars and is massive. He readies his axe and moves towards the door a small grin on his face.>

Apr 28 18:46:57 <=Scene=> Suddenly, something very heavy slams against the trap door. The door...amazingly...holds.

Apr 28 18:47:18 <Tain> "You two keep whateveritis occupied while I slip out the back. That's a super plan!"

Apr 28 18:47:33 <Tain> Tain begins making her way further into the cellar tunnel

Apr 28 18:47:39 <Grondthanc> Ready folks? Tain if you wish to run by all means...ZIRZI ZAG KULAKIN!

Apr 28 18:47:57 * Andel shakes his head angrily at Tain, then nods at Grond to open the trap door.

Apr 28 18:48:02 * Grondthanc <throws the door open and flys out his axe flinging every which way>

Apr 28 18:48:15 <Andel> Oh SHIIIII.....!!!

Apr 28 18:48:21 * Andel follows Grond

Apr 28 18:48:38 <Tain> Tain stops as the door opens and the two go out through it.

Apr 28 18:49:09 <=Scene=> Standing in what is left of Grond's living quarters is...an abomination.

Apr 28 18:49:49 <Tain> She waits and listens, and then inches toward the entrance to the cellar, hoping that the way is or will soon be, clear.

Apr 28 18:49:58 * Grondthanc <looks around the house mumbling and then looks to get a better look at the thing.>

Apr 28 18:50:01 <=Scene=> Looking half man, half reptile with bat-like wings, Ghul roars in fury.

Apr 28 18:50:29 <=Scene=> He wields terrible claws and huge, dagger-like fangs in his maw.

Apr 28 18:50:38 <Tain> The roar causes Tain to shriek involuntarily and as she sees the creature, she freezes in her tracks.

Apr 28 18:50:48 <Grondthanc> Ah, your larger up close...Ghul was it? *he lets out a cackle*

Apr 28 18:50:53 <Ghul> CoMe, TrAlL! FiGhT!!

Apr 28 18:51:20 * Ghul rushes to meet Grond and Andel, his maw opened wide.

Apr 28 18:51:35 * Grondthanc <pounds his bare chest and lets out a roar swinging his axe up to bring it down>

Apr 28 18:51:37 <Andel> ((Roll intiative. 1D20))
Apr 28 18:51:44 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 18:51:45 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>
Apr 28 18:51:48 <Grondthanc> `1d20

Apr 28 18:51:55 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 18:51:55 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>

Apr 28 18:52:11 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 18:52:11 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>

Apr 28 18:52:25 <Andel> ((Attack order: Andel, Grond, Ghul))

Apr 28 18:53:14 * Andel looks as though he is about to cast a spell, but then appears to reconsider and lowers his hands, losing his opportunity to attack altogether.

Apr 28 18:53:28 <Tain> ((LOL Andel!))

Apr 28 18:53:43 <Andel> ((You're up, Grondy))

Apr 28 18:54:20 * Grondthanc <moves only a bit to meet Ghul and swings his axe down at it's midsection>

Apr 28 18:54:24 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 18:54:24 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>

Apr 28 18:54:36 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 18:54:37 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11>

Apr 28 18:54:43 <Andel> ((a hit!!))

Apr 28 18:55:22 * Ghul roars in pain as Grond's axe slices viciously into his midsection, causing black blood to flow.

Apr 28 18:55:35 <Tain> Tain screams and backs up against the wall, keeping an eye on the action

Apr 28 18:55:47 <Tain> from below

Apr 28 18:55:59 * Ghul swipes at Grond with his horrible, 6-inch claws.

Apr 28 18:56:07 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 18:56:07 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1>

Apr 28 18:56:13 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 18:56:13 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>

Apr 28 18:56:13 <Andel> ((EPIC FAIL!!))

Apr 28 18:56:43 <Tain> ((Borrow Grond's dice - they seem to be much better than yours))

Apr 28 18:56:56 * Ghul accidentally hit's a support beam to the house, causing a section of roof to collapse down upon him, momentarily pinning him to the ground.

Apr 28 18:57:22 * Andel jumps forward with his staff, striking the abomination in the face.

Apr 28 18:57:27 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 18:57:28 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>

Apr 28 18:57:39 <Tain> With a pale face and wide open eyes, Tain continues to watch the action, wincing as Andel fumbles about

Apr 28 18:57:50 <Andel> ((Ghul is pinned, no defense.))

Apr 28 18:58:07 * Grondthanc <gets a face full of dust as the stumbles a bit cursing>

Apr 28 18:58:27 * Ghul roars in pain as his eye is gouged rather pointedly.

Apr 28 18:59:04 <Tain> Tain realizes there's less danger now that the creature is pinned and so quickly mounts the steps and heads toward the door. First she must navigate around the large creature.

Apr 28 18:59:16 * Grondthanc <hands fumble about on the ground looking for something franticly>

Apr 28 18:59:25 <Andel> ((Grond's turn))

Apr 28 18:59:57 * Grondthanc <growls not finding it and swings up and looks to the pinned creature.>

Apr 28 19:00:22 * Grondthanc <thuds over to it swinging his axe over his shoulder>

Apr 28 19:00:37 * Ghul roars in rage at the Trall, bearing his horrible fangs and struggling to free himself.

Apr 28 19:00:56 <Grondthanc> Tell me about yourself Mr. Ghul...

Apr 28 19:00:58 <Tain> As she skitters over one of Ghui's feet, Tain waves to Grond and Andel. "I'll meet you in the ci..." She stumbles over the other foot, and falls.

Apr 28 19:01:30 * Ghul bursts upward, attempting to break free of the rubble.

Apr 28 19:01:38 <Andel> `roll 1d20+1

Apr 28 19:01:38 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 17 <Total: 17(+1) = 18>

Apr 28 19:01:59 * Grondthanc <stumbles back with a light curse and sigh>

Apr 28 19:02:05 <=Scene=> The rubble explodes as Ghul frees himself with a roar of triumph.

Apr 28 19:02:05 <Tain> Tain screams and attempts to stand, but slips again in the mess and rubble.

Apr 28 19:02:30 * Ghul notices Tain and leaps to savage her.

Apr 28 19:02:52 <Tain> "Stars and Moon! Help me!!" Tain rolls to the side.

Apr 28 19:02:55 * Andel dives in front of the abomination, his eyes smouldering with a brilliant azure light.

Apr 28 19:03:11 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:03:11 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20>

Apr 28 19:03:19 <Andel> ((Epic success!!))

Apr 28 19:03:20 * Grondthanc <was knocked over by the rubble, he now throws it off him mumbling>

Apr 28 19:03:32 <Tain> ((Epic relief))

Apr 28 19:04:00 <=Scene=> A brilliant flash of lightning bursts from Andel's outstretched hand.

Apr 28 19:04:37 * Grondthanc <gets up in time to see the flash of light, he covers his eyes a bit>

Apr 28 19:04:37 * Ghul flies backward, his chest charred and burning. He stumbles drunkenly toward Grond.

Apr 28 19:04:50 <Tain> Tain has assumed the fetal position with her arms over her head but the flash of light causes her to peek out and her jaw drops in amazement.

Apr 28 19:05:10 * Grondthanc <still startled now swings his axe at the beast with another roar>

Apr 28 19:05:13 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:05:14 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>

Apr 28 19:05:22 <Andel> ((a miss ))

Apr 28 19:05:30 <Grondthanc> (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)

Apr 28 19:05:36 <Grondthanc> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3P2iaWma-Y&feature=fvwrel

Apr 28 19:05:49 * NPCA :Not enough parameters

Apr 28 19:06:05 <Tain> ((You keep those in yer pocket?))

Apr 28 19:06:09 * Ghul roars weakly and slashes out at Grond with his claws.

Apr 28 19:06:16 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:06:17 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 16 <Total: 16>

Apr 28 19:06:20 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:06:21 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>

Apr 28 19:06:32 <Andel> ((Nice! Successful defense!))

Apr 28 19:06:52 * Andel staggers backward, his face pale as though greatly fatigued.

Apr 28 19:06:56 <Tain> Tain rolls away from Ghui and stands shakily, moving backward toward the open air and freedom

Apr 28 19:07:08 <Andel> ((Grond's turn))

Apr 28 19:07:25 <Grondthanc> (Whats the defence's affect?)

Apr 28 19:07:34 <Andel> ((Oops...my bad))

Apr 28 19:08:15 * Ghul hits Grond, but fails to do any damage, but knocks him back slightly.

Apr 28 19:08:35 <Tain> Tain stumbles upon the large necklace that now lies amid the debris on the ground. In a fit of anger, she hefts it and twirls it around her head - then lets fly at Ghui

Apr 28 19:08:53 <Tain> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:08:53 <GameServ> Tain rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>

Apr 28 19:08:59 <Andel> ((Not your turn yet, girlie. ))

Apr 28 19:09:07 <Tain> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:09:07 <GameServ> Tain rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>

Apr 28 19:09:12 <Tain> lol

Apr 28 19:09:20 <Andel> ((It's Grond's turn))

Apr 28 19:09:22 <Tain> ((I'm not in the rotation))

Apr 28 19:09:34 <Andel> ((You can go after Ghul))

Apr 28 19:09:36 <Tain> ((but good I'll wait - maybe I'll use Grond's dice))
Apr 28 19:10:39 <Grondthanc> (brb)

Apr 28 19:11:09 <Andel> ((ELBEREN IS PAUSED WHILE GROND WATERS THE LILLIES.......))

Apr 28 19:11:38 <Tain> ((Hey that's simply conjecture on your part))

Apr 28 19:11:44 <Grondthanc> (5...10 mins)

Apr 28 19:12:05 <Tain> ((See? You're wrong!))

Apr 28 19:13:28 <Andel> ((Whiner.))

Apr 28 19:14:07 <Grondthanc> (BAAAAAAAAAAACK!)

Apr 28 19:14:12 <Tain> ((*checks her email again, hoping that maybe the Internet is just extremely slow*))

Apr 28 19:14:23 <Tain> ((*realized Grond can't tell time*))

Apr 28 19:14:40 <Grondthanc> (quite you...)

Apr 28 19:15:24 * Grondthanc <grins and now jabs his axe up at the creature's head a few feet above his own.>

Apr 28 19:15:31 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:15:32 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 5 <Total: 5>

Apr 28 19:15:39 <Andel> ((A miss))

Apr 28 19:15:47 <Grondthanc> (damn.)

Apr 28 19:16:09 <Tain> ((You're not old enough to use those words))

Apr 28 19:16:19 <Andel> ((Pfft...))

Apr 28 19:16:29 <Grondthanc> (I could say worse missy)

Apr 28 19:16:51 * Ghul snarls and swipes at Grond once more.

Apr 28 19:16:57 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:16:57 <Tain> ((*looks off into the distance and hums*))

Apr 28 19:16:57 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>

Apr 28 19:17:07 <Grondthanc> `roll 120

Apr 28 19:17:07 <GameServ> Only 1-100 dice may be thrown at once.

Apr 28 19:17:12 <Andel> ((LOL))

Apr 28 19:17:12 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:17:12 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>

Apr 28 19:17:41 <Tain> ((Is it my turn yet?))

Apr 28 19:17:48 * Ghul 's strike is blocked by the haft of Grond's axe.

Apr 28 19:17:52 <Andel> ((Now it is))

Apr 28 19:17:58 <Tain> Tain stumbles upon the large necklace that now lies amid the debris on the ground. In a fit of anger, she hefts it and twirls it around her head - then lets fly at Ghui but it slips from her grasp. She quickly scoops it up and tries again.

Apr 28 19:18:08 <Tain> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:18:08 <GameServ> Tain rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>

Apr 28 19:18:14 <Andel> ((A miss))

Apr 28 19:18:23 <Tain> ((Is it my turn yet?))

Apr 28 19:18:38 * Andel grabs Tain by the shoulders and pulls her back from the fray.

Apr 28 19:18:43 <Andel> ((Grond's turn))

Apr 28 19:19:22 * Grondthanc <grabs the latern by the trap door and flings it at the beast's face>

Apr 28 19:19:25 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:19:25 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>

Apr 28 19:19:31 <Andel> ((A miss))

Apr 28 19:19:33 <Grondthanc> (JUST GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!)

Apr 28 19:19:34 <Andel> ((Dude....lol))

Apr 28 19:19:35 <Tain> ((*groan*))

Apr 28 19:20:22 * Ghul roars and lunges at Grond, his gaping maw opened to rend and tear....

Apr 28 19:20:31 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:20:32 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>

Apr 28 19:20:37 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:20:37 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12>

Apr 28 19:20:43 <Andel> ((A hit))

Apr 28 19:21:07 <Tain> Tain sidles around the beast, intent on getting on her way.

Apr 28 19:21:10 * Ghul 's fangs sink into Grond's shoulder. Blood flows...

Apr 28 19:21:19 <Andel> Grond!!

Apr 28 19:21:34 <Andel> ((Tain's turn))

Apr 28 19:21:42 * Grondthanc <lets out a roar as his skin is pierced for the first time in years>

Apr 28 19:21:52 <Andel> ((That's what she....neverming.))

Apr 28 19:21:58 <Andel> ((nevermind))

Apr 28 19:22:03 <Grondthanc> (hehe)

Apr 28 19:22:28 * Grondthanc <shakes his head stumbling around, in shock at something actually really hurting him.>

Apr 28 19:22:37 <Tain> Tain turns at Andel's shout, sees what has transpired and growls. She launches herself at Ghui, her fists in front of her face.

Apr 28 19:22:45 <Tain> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:22:45 <GameServ> Tain rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18>

Apr 28 19:22:56 <Andel> What the fu.....?!?

Apr 28 19:23:00 <Tain> ((She's really MAD))

Apr 28 19:23:04 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:23:04 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 19 <Total: 19>

Apr 28 19:23:38 * Ghul roars as Tain's blows batter harmlessly against his scaly hide.

Apr 28 19:23:57 <Tain> ((Hey I rolled 18 - doesn't that get me at least a bruise?))

Apr 28 19:24:05 * Andel runs forward toward Tain, shoving her out of the way of the beast...hard.

Apr 28 19:24:15 <Andel> ((No, he successfully defended))

Apr 28 19:24:26 * Grondthanc <bangs the midsection of his axe on the side of his head with a grunt and curse as he turns back to the beast>

Apr 28 19:24:32 <Tain> ((oh I get it - you're rolling for HIM))

Apr 28 19:24:37 <Andel> ((Ayups))

Apr 28 19:25:14 <Andel> ((Grond's turn))

Apr 28 19:25:20 <Tain> Tain falls to the ground, the air whooshing from her lungs, and she lies motionless for a few seconds

Apr 28 19:25:56 * Grondthanc <throws the axe into his good arm now and walks through the rubble to the creature>

Apr 28 19:26:01 <Grondthanc> get out...

Apr 28 19:26:05 <Grondthanc> of my...

Apr 28 19:26:07 <Grondthanc> HOUSE!

Apr 28 19:26:34 * Grondthanc <swings up the massive axe in one hand and then brings it down on the creature's turned back>

Apr 28 19:26:37 <Grondthanc> (please...)

Apr 28 19:26:40 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:26:40 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>

Apr 28 19:26:47 <Andel> ((*facepalms*))

Apr 28 19:26:49 <Tain> ((rofl))

Apr 28 19:26:58 <Grondthanc> (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I HATE EVERYTHING EVER MADE ON THIS FOUL EARTH DAMN IT ALL!)

Apr 28 19:27:17 <Grondthanc> (just let me kill it..)

Apr 28 19:27:26 * Ghul swings his massive fist back at Grond.

Apr 28 19:27:33 <Andel> `roll 1d20
Apr 28 19:27:33 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>

Apr 28 19:27:35 <Tain> Tain pushes herself slowly to her feet, scowls at Andel and wobbles behind Ghui

Apr 28 19:27:38 <Andel> ((A miss))

Apr 28 19:27:40 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:27:41 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 7 <Total: 7>

Apr 28 19:27:45 <Andel> ((Tain's turn))

Apr 28 19:27:45 <Grondthanc> (oops)

Apr 28 19:28:17 * Grondthanc <misses horribly now his eyes are wide and he is growling and roaring like an animal>

Apr 28 19:28:17 <Tain> As she passes she swings her foot back and brings it forward in as swift a kick as she can

Apr 28 19:28:27 <Tain> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:28:27 <GameServ> Tain rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>

Apr 28 19:28:49 <Tain> ((THESE DICE ARE BROKEN!! I WANT A REFUND!!))

Apr 28 19:28:54 <=Scene=> Tain's kick glances harmlessly off of Ghul's scaly hide.

Apr 28 19:29:18 <Tain> Tain spits and wobbles off toward where the door used to be

Apr 28 19:29:31 * Grondthanc <thuds over to the remains of his table still cursing and growling>

Apr 28 19:29:38 * Andel raises his hands, his lips forming unintelligible words as his eyes begin to smoulder.

Apr 28 19:29:46 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:29:46 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>

Apr 28 19:29:55 <Andel> ((Wa wa waaaaaaa.....))

Apr 28 19:29:55 * Grondthanc picks it up and breaks it over his knee his eyes wide and crazed>

Apr 28 19:30:05 <Tain> Tain hears Andel's attempt to use magic and ducks

Apr 28 19:30:34 <=Scene=> There is a soft 'whumph' of air, and Andel falls backwards, extremely fatigued.

Apr 28 19:30:43 <Andel> ((Grond's turn))

Apr 28 19:31:02 <Tain> This halts Tain's progress for just a moment, because that's all it takes for Andel to fail again

Apr 28 19:31:19 * Grondthanc <roars again in slurred words "GEEEEET OUUUUT!" he now throws the sharped splintered half of a table at the creature>

Apr 28 19:31:26 <Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:31:26 <GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9>

Apr 28 19:31:39 <Andel> ((A miss....seriously...wtf....))

Apr 28 19:31:59 <Tain> ((who unloaded the dice??))

Apr 28 19:32:00 <Grondthanc> (.I have no more ideas for attacks)

Apr 28 19:32:11 <=Scene=> The table misses Ghul and smashes against the wall.

Apr 28 19:32:40 * Ghul launches himself at Tain, his claws outstretched.

Apr 28 19:32:46 <Andel> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:32:46 <GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 2 <Total: 2>

Apr 28 19:33:07 * Grondthanc <lets out a roar and begins to pound on his chest like an ape, he is getting very tired of this fight>

Apr 28 19:33:09 <Tain> As Tain continues toward where outside is, she senses trouble, and steps to the side, sticking out her foot.

Apr 28 19:33:14 <Tain> `roll 1d20

Apr 28 19:33:15 <GameServ> Tain rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3>

Apr 28 19:33:15 <=Scene=> The abomination sails over Tain's head to smash through a window.

Apr 28 19:33:50 <=Scene=> Ghul lies motionless, a soft gurgling emanating from him....

Apr 28 19:34:29 * Grondthanc <runs out whats left of the door his eyes wide and his mouth spewing more curses.>

Apr 28 19:34:38 <Grondthanc> THERE IT IS!

Apr 28 19:34:52 <Andel> What....What?

Apr 28 19:35:08 * Grondthanc <leaps onto the downed creature and begins to punch at it like crazy and trys to rip the wings off first.>

Apr 28 19:35:19 <Tain> With Ghui now blocking her forward motion, Tain glances up at the sky. A sound begins in her throat and as it grows into a wail of despair, she sinks to her knees, then crumples to the ground, oblivious to all but her own sorrow.

Apr 28 19:35:51 * Ghul is impaled upon a sharp shard of window glass that has gone up through his chin into his brain.

Apr 28 19:35:57 <Grondthanc> ZIRZI ZA NORKEM KAZEEM NAK'TASH RAAAAZZZ!

Apr 28 19:36:09 * Grondthanc <keeps punching the body>

Apr 28 19:36:30 <Tain> ((rofl that's not German is it?))

Apr 28 19:36:39 * Ghul lies motionless, save for an occasional twitch at Grond's blows.

Apr 28 19:37:07 * Andel breathes hard and leans against what is left of a broken wall, relief flooding his face.

Apr 28 19:37:13 * Grondthanc <runs back to the house snarling, rumaging and crashs can be heard>

Apr 28 19:37:21 * Andel looks to Tain

Apr 28 19:37:26 <Andel> Are...Are you hurt?

Apr 28 19:37:38 * Grondthanc <comes back to the body with the half of the table and begins to smash it down on the body over and over>

Apr 28 19:37:45 <Andel> ((rofl))

Apr 28 19:38:15 <Tain> Sobbing uncontrollably, Tain shakes her head and stutters. "It's...it's too late now. Look. The sun has gone down. I can never get back in time."

Apr 28 19:38:27 <Tain> ((omg rofl))

Apr 28 19:38:31 * Andel looks thoughtful

Apr 28 19:38:47 <Grondthanc> you...damn...THING! *keeps smashing the table onto the body, splinters flying*

Apr 28 19:38:53 <Andel> Perhaps...perhaps they will not harm him. After all, he is much more valuable to them as a prisoner than as a corpse, no?

Apr 28 19:39:13 <Andel> Besides, they do not know what has happened to you. They do not KNOW you have tried to escape them.

Apr 28 19:39:18 <Tain> Andel's words make Tain wail louder

Apr 28 19:39:29 <Andel> Or...you can cry. Good plan.

Apr 28 19:39:59 * Grondthanc <slumps down leaning on the body now silent besides his panting.>

Apr 28 19:40:19 <Tain> "No, you don't...I'm not supposed to be out this late. They'll either think I'm dead or I've run off. There's no other reason for me not to be back to their way of thinking."

Apr 28 19:40:34 * Andel walks over and slaps a hand on Grond's shoulder. "A fine kill, master Trall...."

Apr 28 19:40:44 * Andel turns to Tain again.

Apr 28 19:40:51 <Andel> Well...what can be done?

Apr 28 19:41:13 * Grondthanc <lights up a cigar out of his pocket and lets his head fall back to lean on the corpse "Thank you...">

Apr 28 19:41:28 <Andel> ((Gods, I love Grond....lol))

Apr 28 19:41:38 <Grondthanc> (Heh)

Apr 28 19:41:47 <Tain> Tain inhales and stands, wiping her sleeve across her eyes. "I'm going back. Empty-handed. And I'll kill them all until I find the leader and then I'll kill him too."

Apr 28 19:41:56 <Grondthanc> I may need to find a new house...my current one is broken.

Apr 28 19:42:04 <Tain> ((Feel the luuuuv Grondeleh))

Apr 28 19:42:41 <Andel> Going off alone against the Night Wind? Sounds a bit suicidal...

Apr 28 19:42:54 <Tain> ((Maybe you should make a Night Wind chat room?))

Apr 28 19:43:01 <Andel> Especially when you have such brave and mighty companions to aid you. *grins*

Apr 28 19:43:14 <Andel> ((No...the fart jokes alone would be too much to bear.))

Apr 28 19:43:43 <Tain> Then come with me. But I warn you. I'm not going to take their abuse anymore - I'm getting Koko out.

Apr 28 19:44:02 <Tain> ((That hadn't crossed my mind until you said it - what a gutter mind you have))

Apr 28 19:44:06 <Andel> What say you, Grond? Are you up for more adventure?

Apr 28 19:44:09 <Grondthanc> I may get a few things...my coat. My necklace...

Apr 28 19:44:11 <Andel> ((This is what I do.))

Apr 28 19:44:33 <Tain> ((what are you ... like....10?))

Apr 28 19:44:33 <Grondthanc> After that i'm free...no house parties or anything *blows smoke ring*

Apr 28 19:44:38 <Andel> And what of the merchant who hired us?

Apr 28 19:44:48 <Andel> ((Lighten up, Francis. ))

Apr 28 19:44:57 <Grondthanc> (refrences.)

Apr 28 19:45:43 <Tain> I, for one, will deal with the merchant once I get rid of those nasty Night Watch people.

Apr 28 19:45:49 * Grondthanc <stands up, looks at the table impaled creature, and goes to his house.>

Apr 28 19:45:51 <Tain> I do not shirk my promises

Apr 28 19:46:15 <Andel> Very well. Although we have traveled a long way to come here...I wish we had known all this sooner...

Apr 28 19:46:40 <Tain> Well pardon me for not spilling my life into your lap.
Apr 28 19:47:08 * Andel closes his mouth.

Apr 28 19:47:24 <Tain> Tain's eyes glitter.

Apr 28 19:47:26 * Grondthanc <after a bit comes out with a pack on as well as his hat and coat.>

Apr 28 19:47:51 <Andel> I....am sorry about your house, Grond. It looks like you can rebuild, though....I can even aid you, if you like.

Apr 28 19:48:16 <Tain> Tain sniffs at Andel. "Will you rebuild with magic then, Elden?"

Apr 28 19:48:21 <Grondthanc> Bah, I just won't rebuild it here. Bad neighbors.

Apr 28 19:48:43 * Andel turns to Tain "Sometimes words can do far more damage than any spell."

Apr 28 19:49:10 * Grondthanc <Grond's shoulder already shows signs of healing.>

Apr 28 19:49:33 <Andel> Let us away from this place, then. Before any of Ghul's friends come looking for him....

Apr 28 19:49:34 <Tain> Tain looks a bit embarrassed, but only for a moment.

Apr 28 19:50:03 <Tain> Yes, please let's hurry.

Apr 28 19:50:05 <Andel> ((And.....SCENE!!))

Apr 28 19:50:07 <Grondthanc> Yes lets...thank you for coming to dinner folks.

https://elberen.rpg-board.net

2The Beginning Chapter 3: The Dinner Party Empty Guli Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 am

Weldulf

Weldulf

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

Grond, you seem to always find the perfect depiction! Smile

Admin

Admin
Admin

*ahem*

The beastie's name is Ghul. He is available for weddings, parties and bar mitzvahs.

And yes, as always, I had an absolute blast. Smile

https://elberen.rpg-board.net

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

I believe "Ghuli" is the fond familiar form of the proper name. Razz

6The Beginning Chapter 3: The Dinner Party Empty Re the dinner party Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

This is only because I'm a youngin' but...that entire fight reminded me of a scene in the old Disney movie Lilo and Stitch where Stitch is fighting that other alien and they are just COMPLETELY leveling the place to the ground...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pF7nRvjZs8&feature=related

*ahem* I'm done speaking of my childhood now.

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

Your childhood? How long ago was that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum