Twilight Realms Of Elberen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat-Based Cooperative Storytelling

Download RaidCall!
Radio Rivendell - The Fantasy Radio Station!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 5: The Lord Of Sorrows

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin

The atmosphere is triumphant back in Dharfang. The Trall have defeated the Vhorn, but not without cost. Twenty thousand Trall fell before the awful might of the Vhorn, their light extinguished forever. Yet, the streets ring with roars and shouts of victory. Our heroes have gathered in the great cavernous throne room of Grondthanc Grimhammer both to celebrate - and to discuss their next step. Beside Grondthanc's stone rests the mysterious magical artifact that Andel reports can transport them to the whereabouts of the unknown master of the Vhorn.....

Grondthanc 18:31:43
*takes a bite out of the leg of some animal and stares at the machine, he is in his finest robes*

Tain 18:32:05
Tain, having been swept along with the crowd, seems unfocused. Her attention wanders.

Storyteller 18:32:58
Andel sits nearby, stroking his chin in thought. At length, he speaks. "Grond, you say your people don't practice much magic, but did not Karzeema say something about...well....about an Age Of Darkness approaching? What was that all about?

Tain 18:33:27
*She hums beneath her breath and floats around the hall, running her fingers over the walls*

Grondthanc 18:33:33
Oh yes the age of darkness...its more or less the end of the world *takes another massive bite then stiffles it down with some mead*

Storyteller 18:33:56
"And....Tain....I am worried about her." Andel looks nervously over his shoulder at the elden woman.

Grondthanc 18:34:47
I have no idea what exactly is going on with her now...she can speak, then she has a brain of jelly.

Tain 18:35:13
*Tain completes her third circumnavigation of the wide hall, coming to a halt in front of the artifact. She crouches down and puts out her hand as if to touch it* "What is this?"

Storyteller 18:35:24
"She hasn't been the same since....since she came back to us from wherever I sent her." Andel replies.

Storyteller 18:35:39
Andel stands up quickly. "No, Tain! Be careful with that!"

Tain 18:36:05
*Tain's fingertips fall softly upon the object*

Grondthanc 18:36:23
*Drinks deeply from his flagon and looks down at the Elden* You two hungry? Only the best for my elden friends! *he seems to ignore what Tain is doing*

Storyteller 18:36:53
Without warning, the spherical object begins to glow a deep crimson. It pulsates and illuminates the entire throne room. The throng of Trall go instantly silent.

Grondthanc 18:37:23
*Raises a brow slowly, a bit of mead drips from his lip*

Storyteller 18:37:27
"Tain..." Andel's voice is slow and intense "Come...Come away from there."

Tain 18:37:46
*Tain's eyes widen and with a start, she falls backward onto her bottom, her legs splayed out in front of her. She is frozen to the spot*

Storyteller 18:38:05
Andel quickly moves to Tain's side.

Tain 18:38:32
"A..An..Andel? What is it? What's happening?"

Storyteller 18:38:42
The orb begins to hum a low, sonorous note. The Trall begin to back away in fear, looking to their High Chieftain nervously.

Tain 18:39:19
"It's...it's beautiful!" Tain cannot take her eyes from the glowing object.

Grondthanc 18:39:33
*Looks around the hall just as lost as they are and in a loud voice proclaims* Best stay back trall...

Tain 18:39:46
"I wonder if it's hot..." *She reaches out her hand toward the glow.*

Storyteller 18:39:53
Andel pulls Tain back. "NO, TAIN!!"

Tain 18:41:07
*With a soft grunt, Tain falls against Andel* But...it's calling to me...

Grondthanc 18:41:10
*Stands up from his throne and ajusts his long coat after setting down his meat and flagon*

Storyteller 18:41:11
Suddenly, the orb slowly fragments and explodes as if in slow motion, a thousand shards of crystal hanging in the air. There is the soft *Whoomph* of displaced air and then a shimmering portal stands glistening there like the surface of a placid lake.

Storyteller 18:41:42
"Witchery!" cries one Trall and many of them begin to move quickly to the main doors of the chamber.

Grondthanc 18:42:03
*Stands there stareing at it* What the hells is it?

Tain 18:42:09
*Pushing frantically at Andel's restraining hands, Tain attempts to scramble to her feet, her eyes locked on the portal*

Tain 18:42:25
"I must go! Let me go!"

Storyteller 18:42:47
Andel shakes his head in wonderment "I...I know not...it appears to be a gateway or portal of some kind. I have heard of such things, but only from ancient tales."

Storyteller 18:42:56
"NO, Tain!"

Grondthanc 18:43:22
*sighs and thuds over, picks up tain, walks to the other side of the room, and plops her down*

Storyteller 18:43:44
Andel blinks

Tain 18:43:54
*With a strangled sob, Tain strains against Grond's grip* "No, no, Grond...let me go!"

Grondthanc 18:44:06
Andel please keep her put for a few moments...

Storyteller 18:44:15
"What ails her, Grond?" Andel looks with concern at Tain.

Tain 18:44:41
Scrambling to her feet, Tain sprints across the room, headed for the beckoning portal

Storyteller 18:44:52
Andel grabs Tain firmly by the arms.

Grondthanc 18:44:58
*Walks over to the door and in a calm yet loud voices tells the remaining trall* Please take the merry making out into the streets my trall, I have buiness to attend to.

Storyteller 18:45:21
The Trall are all to eager to obey.

Storyteller 18:45:26
Save for Karzeema.

Storyteller 18:45:50
The elder Trall stands alone in the hall. "This must not be, my son." she says.

Tain 18:45:36
*Shrieking with indignation, Tain struggles to free herself, wiggling and stomping on Andel's feet....of course, her own feet being tiny and bare, no serious injury is done...*

Grondthanc 18:46:08
*Looks to Karzeema* Whys that? Is it the elden?

Storyteller 18:47:01
Karzeema's eyes lock upon Tain "She is the Herald...she will kill us all. You, my son. You must end this. You must take her life or countless others will perish."

Storyteller 18:47:14
"WHAT?" Andel looks at Karzeema as though she is insane.

Grondthanc 18:47:32
*Orange eyes widen* Oh no no no no...I can't kill this elden!

Tain 18:47:55
Tain's ears perk up and twitch wildly at this. "Come with me...come through the portal. Both of you! We must waste no more time!"

Storyteller 18:48:00
Karzeema's eyes close and she sighs sadly "Then....all is lost."

Storyteller 18:48:32
The portal now begins to slowly shrink in upon itself inch by agonizing inch, the portal is closing....

Grondthanc 18:48:50
Can't we simply kill the thing that will cause the age of darkness? Er besides tain.

Grondthanc 18:48:57
And quickly please!

Grondthanc 18:50:11
Tain!? Do you know whats on the other side of that portal?

Tain 18:50:15
Tain scrabbles forward, stumbling and reaching out for the light. "Hurry Andel! Grond! Hurry

Tain 18:49:18
'Nooooo!" Tain jerks one arm free with a tremendous effort, fueled by the sight of the portal growing smaller

Storyteller 18:49:34
Karzeema shakes her head "No, my son. I wish it were otherwise, but I have seen this. She will usher in the Age of Darkness. It begins with her - !"

Storyteller 18:49:49
"Tain!" Andel frantically races after Tain.

Storyteller 18:50:15
The two Elden disappear into the shrinking portal.

Grondthanc 18:50:22
GAH!

Grondthanc 18:50:52
*runs to his throne, grabs thadrak, and without thinking leaps into the portal after saying* Sorry bout this mum!

Storyteller 18:51:14
Karzeema's weeping face is the last thing seen before the portal closes.

Storyteller 18:51:50
All is bathed in silvery light, fluid and glistening. There is no air! Your lungs ache with the need to breathe, but there is none to draw in!

Grondthanc 18:52:25
*Is is some luck, if it can be called that...since he has 4 lungs. He still panics.*

Storyteller 18:53:22
You know not which direction is up or down and you feel as though you tumble helplessly for agonizing minutes. Somehow, you manage to hold on to each other. Yet, your vision begins to blacken with the need for air....

Grondthanc 18:53:45
*Holds one Elden under each arm*

Storyteller 18:54:21
All.....you.....hear......is.......the.......slowing.....beating............................of...........................your........................own..........................heartbeat.......................

Grondthanc 18:54:42
(Um in grond's case, heart beats...)

Storyteller 18:55:35
Then, there is light....blessed light and....air! You fall gasping and choking to the decorative flagstones. You coughs and splutters echoing as though in a large area.

Grondthanc 18:56:06
D-Damnit! *he lets go of the two elden letting them roll on the ground*

Storyteller 18:57:03
You stand in an enormous hall, exquisitly carved from multi-faceted stone with fanciful glass and iron scrollwork adorning the walls, stairways and balconies. Several human figures hurry toward you.

Grondthanc 18:57:37
*grabs Thadrak which has landed by his side and readies himself* GAH! BACK SAVAGES!

Tain 18:57:41
*Tain takes a long deep breath, quietly and calmly opening her eyes, a soft smile on her face. She nods her head to herself as she stands and brushes herself off. Glancing to her companions, she assures herself that they are all right.*

Storyteller 18:58:45
Andel slowly stands, moving protectively in front of Tain. Something....odd is about him. His eyes seem...stronger, somehow.

Storyteller 18:59:05
The humans stop fearfully before Grond. Making placating gestures with their hands.

Storyteller 18:59:22
"Peace, good Trall" one of them says "We mean you no harm."

Grondthanc 18:59:26
Eh!? You aren't hostile?

Tain 18:59:47
*Tain grabs hold of Grond's shirttail* Grond...no...stand quietly. Stop.

Storyteller 19:00:16
"Of course not," he replies "We are merely servants. Welcome to Aranorn and the College Of Arcane Arts."

Grondthanc 19:00:28
*Swats Tain's hand off his long jacket tail* Fine...I'll trust you. *he lets thadrak fall to his side*

Storyteller 19:00:40
"Aranorn?" Andel asks in confusion.

Tain 19:00:59
"Aranorn," Tain repeats

Grondthanc 19:01:01
Eh?

Grondthanc 19:01:19
*rubs his chin* You lot go to shallin's garden alot?

Storyteller 19:01:35
"Yes, Aranorn," the man replies with a smile "Might I have the honor of knowing your names, please?"

Tain 19:01:51
*She swivels her head to take in the room, her eyes narrowing perplexedly*

Grondthanc 19:02:08
Grond...Er I mean Grondthanc.

Storyteller 19:02:23
"I am Andel," Andel replies slowly.

Tain 19:02:54
Stepping forward and swatting Grond in the ribs, she asks, "Why do you want to know? And what is your name then?"

Tain 19:03:11
*She frowns at Andel*

Grondthanc 19:03:31
*Growls as his healing sides are swatted at*

Storyteller 19:04:39
The human takes a step backward, blinking rapidly and holding his hands up. "Peace, my lady! You may call me Galeron. I am the Chief Librarian of the Western Stacks. And you are....?"

Tain 19:05:12
Tain smirks mischievously. "My lady will do. For now."

Grondthanc 19:05:23
*Rolls his orange eyes*

Storyteller 19:06:15
"I see," the human says, perplexed "Very well, if my lady and Grondthanc will accompany me? We have prepared food and drink for you in the upper chambers..."

Tain 19:07:10
Tain puts out a hand and lays it firmly on the human's arm. "Hold on. Why are we here? This isn't..."

Grondthanc 19:07:15
*Raises a brow* Oh...well don't mind if I do thin-skin!

Storyteller 19:07:43
"And what of me?" Andel asks "You didn't mention -"

Tain 19:07:47
*She frowns at Grond*

Storyteller 19:08:16
There is the sound of a soft *snikt* and a thin, silvery collar appears around Andel's throat.

Tain 19:08:28
Turning to her companions, Tain scolds them. "You would simply follow without ques...OH!"

Storyteller 19:08:55
"I am afraid you will be dining....elsewhere, Andel Red Wolf Running." the human says.

Tain 19:08:58
Tain takes a leap toward Andel, her fingers twining around the collar and tugging

Grondthanc 19:08:59
Oi! Careful with my friend there!

Tain 19:09:43
"No! Leave him alone. Stop this. Right now. I demand that you undo that...undo him...let him be!" She stamps her foot as she turns to the human.

Storyteller 19:09:50
There is a brilliant flash of light and suddenly Andel is on his back, screaming and writhing in unspeakable pain the moment Tain touches the collar.

Storyteller 19:10:26
"This is unfortunate," the human says "The collar will harm him should anyone save the Master try to remove it."

Tain 19:10:35
Tain shrieks and lets go and in the same moment she twirls and launches herself at the human, her fists flying.

Grondthanc 19:10:44
*Turns to the human a stares him down with his orange eyes* Anymore of this and I may have an army at your doorstep thin-skin...

Tain 19:10:48
"How dare you?"

Storyteller 19:11:20
Suddenly, there are a hundred armed mages surrounding you, staves and wands held in their hands.

Tain 19:11:20
Tain's tiny fists begin to pummel the human and her bare feet kick out at his shins.

Storyteller 19:11:46
"Please, my friends!" the human says, holding up his hands "Let there be no violence!"

Tain 19:12:10
Tain twirls again and runs toward Andel, to stand over him protectively. She is careful not to touch him or the collar, but is determined that nobody else will either.

Grondthanc 19:12:10
*looks around his eyes wide* Lets eat then...

Grondthanc 19:12:44
*Tralls do indeed fear magic...some it just takes an entire army of mages to bring it out*

Storyteller 19:13:11
"I am bidden to take you to my master who awaits you in the upper chambers. He prefers the garden at this hour...and his violin."

Grondthanc 19:13:55
*Coughs a bit* But if I could make a request...can you please be gentle with my elden friend?

Tain 19:13:56
Tain plants her feet in a wide stance, and spreads her arms out. "You will not get near Andel. Just try it and..." She halts mid-speech. "Violin?"

Storyteller 19:14:02
"Come along, then," Galeron beckons and begins moving up the spiral staircase in front of him. Three armed mages lift Andel and begin to half-lead, half-drag him to another doorway."

Storyteller 19:14:26
Andel's head lolls unsteadily on his shoulders.

Grondthanc 19:14:31
*looks at Andel for a moment, then follows the man. Thadrak still in his hand*

Tain 19:14:42
Tain's attention is no longer on her friends. She moves to follow as if in a trance, whispering to herself "Violin?" over and over again.

Storyteller 19:16:30
Galeron leads you up and up the spiral staircase, passing by a myriad of magical wonders and enchanted sights.

Tain 19:18:19
Tain takes no notice of anyone or anything except the human in front of her and the sound of her bare feet hitting each step in quick succession.

Storyteller 19:18:57
Galeron leads you to doorway, beyond which lies a massive indoor garden housed in glass. The noonday sun shines brightly overhead while thousands of birds flit in and out of hundreds of tiny windows. Plants and trees of every describable variety are found here as a small stone path winds throughout. Somewhere, a violin, expertly played, softly plays......

Grondthanc 19:20:01
*Eyes scan the strange, almost alien room*

Tain 19:20:05
Tain comes to a sudden stop, her eyes go all soft and liquid and it feels as though her heart has suddenly dropped to her toes.

Storyteller 19:20:37
Galeron indicates for you to follow the path, then bows with a smile and leaves you.

Tain 19:20:48
She begins to tremble, visibly shaken. The whispered word "Violin" repeats over and over on her lips

Grondthanc 19:21:19
*Follows the man still scanning the room, almost like some large wild cat does*

Storyteller 19:21:45
The path lies before you, leading in the direction of the Violin's somber tones....

Tain 19:21:47
As if in a trance, Tain begins to follow the path, slowly at first and then faster and faster, her delicate feet kicking up dust as she seems to race ahead

Tain 19:22:52
Now all that issues from her throat are soft strangled whimpers

Tain 19:24:16
She stumbles and drops to her knees, her whimpers become louder as she scrambles to her feet again, her knees now bruised and scraped..she runs on

Storyteller 19:25:21
The path meanders through the gigantic garden until at last it reaches a clearing near a small, impossible stream with a tiny waterfall flowing near a silver and iron round table bedecked with food and drink. Butterflies flutter around the clearing and though birds flit here and there, they are utterly silent before the sound of the violin played by a tall, muscular human with long, raven-dark hair who stands with his back to you overlooking the stream.

Grondthanc 19:26:31
*Looks around the area they have entered quickly with his eyes*

Tain 19:27:06
Skidding to a sudden stop, Tain's hands rise up to cover her thudding heart, and her breath catches in her throat. "Dennivar?", she squeaks

Storyteller 19:27:47
The man ceases playing the violin.

Storyteller 19:28:01
He turns, and fixes pale blue eyes upon you.

Grondthanc 19:28:26
*eyes light up as though he just realized something and he mutters* Aranorn...

Tain 19:28:28
Tain reaches out both arms, and as tears stream down her cheeks she takes a step toward him. "It is I.."

Storyteller 19:28:51
"Elia," he says, his voice deep and rich "At last, you have come....my love."

Tain 19:28:57
"And you...you're not...I thought you were..."

Storyteller 19:29:33
Dennivar steps forward slowly, hesitantly, his eyes never leaving Tain's face.

Storyteller 19:30:02
"Seventeen years," he says, his voice the barest whisper "I thought all was lost....."

Grondthanc 19:30:07
*Look down at the two now, silent*

Tain 19:30:31
Overcome with relief and joy, Tain stumbles forward with a cry to close the distance between them.

Storyteller 19:31:03
Dennivar gathers Tain in a fierce embrace and the two hold each other for long (and to Grondthanc, uncomfortable) moments....

Tain 19:31:55
Leaning against Dennivar's chest, Tain weeps and laughs at once. Looking up at him she frowns. "How...how long?"

Grondthanc 19:32:00
*coughs loudly* SO! When do we eat eh? I'm starved from all this excitment!

Tain 19:32:31
Turning to look over her shoulder, she seems confused. "Who...who are you?, she asks Grond.

Grondthanc 19:32:57
Eh? Its me Grondthanc. Grond!

Storyteller 19:33:02
Dennivar looks up to Grondthanc, his pale blue eyes unblinking. He gently untangles himself from Tain and addresses Grond. "You have protected that which I hold most dear. For that, you have my eternal gratitude."

Storyteller 19:33:22
"Please, eat your fill."

Grondthanc 19:33:57
*Chuckles* Oh ho, don't mind if I do. *He thuds over to the table and sets himself down to the painful squeeching of the chair*

Tain 19:34:06
"Oh, yes...it's...it's Grond...my..my friend Grond." Tain nods to herself.

Tain 19:34:59
Suddenly remembering, she grasps Dennivar by the arm. "Andel! They've taken Andel! You must have him released. He's my friend also!"

Grondthanc 19:35:43
*Is chugging a bottle of wine and eating entire loafs of bread and takes no break to proclaim* Aye!

Storyteller 19:35:52
Dennivar turns back to Tain. "Elia....Seventeen years since you....were taken from me. Seventeen years since I died in that other world and at the last, discerned the thread of high magic that bore you away...and with my last breath, I grasped it and followed. If I were to die, it was to be in your arms, my love. You cannot imagine my despair when I awoke without you....."

Tain 19:35:54
"I'm sure it was simply all a big mistake, because he..he...I think he may have had something to do with...my ...." Her voice trails off and she furrows her brow.

Tain 19:36:43
There is a vacant look in Tain's eyes. "I'm sure I..why are you calling me that?"

Grondthanc 19:37:10
*stops eating and turns around* Did you say 17 years?

Tain 19:37:51
Tain frowns at Grond. "I don't..I don't understand Grond. I haven't known you but for a few weeks."

Storyteller 19:38:44
"It was here that I awoke, and the mages here healed my wounds," Dennivar says, his eyes locked upon Tain's. "I call you Elia, for Elia is your name....Elia, the starlight of my heart. Seventeen years....yes, the loops and whorls of time are a great web....time, my love, is not a ladder."

Tain 19:38:46
"So...but..." She turns to Dennivar. "You...you died...I
remember..but that was...just a few days ago. Um...wasn't it?"

Storyteller 19:39:38
"Andel...." at the mention of the name, Dennivar's eyes grow cold with menace "He will suffer greatly for all he has done to us, my love. I promise you."

Tain 19:40:57
Tain rubs her forehead with her fingertips and then leaps at Dennivar, grabbing hold of his arm with both hands. "NO! You're wrong. He's been a friend, he's helped me, he may have even brought me to you. You must let him go. You must!"

Grondthanc 19:41:01
*Gets out of the chair, sadly breaking it in the process and speaks in his booming voice* Heh...well thats not very polite then. Don't touch the Elden will you?

Tain 19:41:40
"Yes you must not touch Andel. Tell those awful people to let him go!"

Storyteller 19:42:50
Dennivar steps back from Tain. "You...do not understand. Andel is he who took you from me. Seventeen years we were parted, you and I. Can you not guess my pain? My unfathomable agony with each day dawning without my love...my wife? No, Elia....Andel will suffer for his crime. But we, we are reunited at last!"

Grondthanc 19:43:21
*Sighs and walks towards a large window and looks to one of the mages and asks* Do these things open?

Storyteller 19:43:55
The mage shakes his head and points twenty feet upward "Only the higher windows, m'lord."

Tain 19:44:07
Tain begins to pant, her breath coming in gasps. She turns helplessly toward Grond, but is unable to speak. She gestures wildly with her arms at Dennivar and then at Grond, becoming more and more agitated.

Grondthanc 19:44:20
Mind if I take a look? I fancy glass craft...

Tain 19:45:03
Finally able to spit out the word "NO!" Tain rushes at Dennivar and pounds on his chest.

Storyteller 19:45:11
"My love, " Dennivar's hand takes her gently "Please, you are weary. Will you not retire with me to my...to our chambers? There is much we must speak of....though I know not where to begin - !"

Grondthanc 19:45:47
*Nods to the mage quickly* I'll just have a quick look then...

Storyteller 19:45:53
Several mages step forward, wands upraised, but Dennivar raises a restraining hand and they stop.

Tain 19:46:13
Tain hesitates and then shakes her head. "No. First I must find Andel and free him. Grond will come with me. Tell us where he is. We'll be back after that."

Tain 19:46:45
Her eyes plead with Dennivar silently.

Grondthanc 19:46:54
*Climbs up a pillar until he is on the top level of the green house, he says on his way up* Just getting a better view don't mind me!

Storyteller 19:47:09
"I will not free Andel," Dennivar shakes his head "I will not free the one who has broken us asunder for seventeen years!"

Storyteller 19:47:29
No one seems to be paying Grond any attention whatsoever. All eyes are fixed upon Tain and Dennivar.

Tain 19:48:10
'You are wrong about him, so wrong. I will not let you hurt him! And if you won't tell me where he is, then I will find him myself!" She turns to run back down the path.

Grondthanc 19:48:14
*after climbing to the top like a jungle cat climbs a tree he throws himself over a railing and then clammers out the window onto a balcony*

Tain 19:48:49
Glancing around for Grond's support, she doesn't see him anywhere.

Tain 19:49:11
"Grond? Come with me to find Andel! Grond?"

Storyteller 19:49:18
Tain is suddenly lifted into the air and slowly floats back to Dennivar, who stands with an outstretched, almost languid hand. His eyes glow a molten yellow-blue.

Storyteller 19:49:32
"I cannot allow that, my love." he says.

Grondthanc 19:49:43
*Swings out thadrak, it glows blue and he scans the landscape of the massive city below him before he can see a group of 50 so trall outside the walls of the city*

Tain 19:50:03
Tain flails her limbs in the air. "What are you doing? Put me down!" She shrieks.

Storyteller 19:50:19
"This is not what I wanted, Elia. You leave me little choice."

Grondthanc 19:50:34
*Waves the hammer in the air, its like a mega-glow stick for lack of better defenition*

Storyteller 19:50:42
Dennivar embraces Elia and the two suddenly blink out of existence.

Tain 19:50:55
"No! Dennivar...no. Andel is ..." *squeak*

Grondthanc 19:51:18
*Keeps waving hoping the trall see him*

Storyteller 19:51:39
Several miles away, the Trall contingent notices something glowing on the topmost tower of the College of Arcane Arts. Squinting, they shield their eyes from the sun to make it out.

Storyteller 19:51:55
"What's that, Korok?" one Trall asks another.

Storyteller 19:52:19
"No idea" Korok replies "Probably some more human witchery."

Grondthanc 19:52:55
*Sighs from afar waiting for some sort of activity from the group below*

Storyteller 19:53:23
"Looks like somebody wavin'....oy! That's a Trall up there!"

Storyteller 19:53:56
Korok squints "Hmm...what's a Trall doin' up there? What's he wavin'?"

Grondthanc 19:54:24
*Waves the hammer faster, his patience growing smaller*

Storyteller 19:54:48
"I don't know," the other Trall replies "But he's doin' it awful fast, ya?"

Storyteller 19:55:35
"Maybe he's on fire..." Korok muses.

Storyteller 19:56:22
"Nah," the other Trall says "He wouldn't be wavin'....he'd be jumpin'"

Grondthanc 19:56:44
*Sighs and finally drops the hammer at his side and simply does what Tralls do quite well...he roars, loudly*

Storyteller 19:57:38
The Trall's eyes widen and the look at each other in shock, then the look sheepish. Korok swats the other Trall upside the head.

Storyteller 19:57:55
"I told you to be waitin' for orders, idiot!" he snarls.

Storyteller 19:58:48
The Trall sheepishly start kicking and rousing the others and in a few moments, fifty Trall are pounding on the walls of Aranorn and making a rather sizable ruckus.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

https://elberen.rpg-board.net

2Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 5: The Lord Of Sorrows Empty Six common uses for 50 armored Trall Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

Six things you can do with 50 Trall
1. Level a city 
2. Cut down a forest in around a week or under
3. Make a deep mine in 3 weeks
4. Screw in a light bulb
5. If bulk of 50 Trall are female, make enough gravel to cover all of New York's streets
6. Tear down a greenhouse in an hour or two

(Pretty close to a Trall save the face, too human)
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs47/i/2009/224/2/6/Animal_Man_concept_1_by_warrioronlydude.jpg  

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

LOL

Admin

Admin
Admin

I dunno....doesn't look very Trall-ish to me. Just one guys' opinion, though.

This is the pic I always have in my mind when thinking about the Trall, it's my favorite:

http://virtual-b0y.deviantart.com/art/ogre-concept-164580264

5Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 5: The Lord Of Sorrows Empty Grond's duds Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:34 am

Weldulf

Weldulf

I just imagine them very built, or at least I think of Grond that way. So more or less I imagine them a bit more slender. But the biggest Trall kind of look like this in my mind. Now to the point of me post,

Some ideas on what Grond's royal duds look like, do give feedback.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/84544/preview

http://www.shatterheart.net/games/crisiscore/artwork/Final-Fantasy-Vii-Crisis-Core-Concept-Genesis-Render.jpg

Admin

Admin
Admin

I like the idea of a big, bulky, ginormous wall of Trall flesh. I vote walking mountains!! Razz

Now then....

I very much prefer the longcoat in picture #1. I can totally picture Grond wearing something like that! The colors are perfect, too! Smile

7Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 5: The Lord Of Sorrows Empty Re long coat Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:13 am

Weldulf

Weldulf

Yes I adored that one as well. And this is roughly how I imagine Grond a most Tralls (save the 8+ footers)
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1337/12/1337125789069.jpg

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

I like the rose colored coat - but then, I tend to see everything in that color.

I also like Grond's concept of the Trall best - I don't picture him as that simian, xxxGuy.

Personally I think Tain would look stunning in that rose coat. Can she have it?

And ...um...Grond, it's after 2 a.m. - shouldn't you be in bed?

9Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 5: The Lord Of Sorrows Empty Re bed Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:37 am

Weldulf

Weldulf

I truely could not get to sleep last night, that is how I passed the time.

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

I had the same problem.
Curious... scratch

11Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 5: The Lord Of Sorrows Empty Re coat Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:40 am

Weldulf

Weldulf

And I suppose Tain could get that coat, as long as there is a simple IC action where she gets it.

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

I'm almost positive Lord Dennivar dresses just as snappily as Grond does. And if Tain expressed an interest in wearing such a coat I'm certain he would not deny her what she asked for. Very Happy

Did StorytellerGuy ever post a depiction of Lord D anywhere?

13Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 5: The Lord Of Sorrows Empty Re Lord D Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

This is how I imagine him personally.

http://www.riftgame.com/img/game/updates/mawwiage.png

And I'm curious to what Andel's outfit looks like.

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

Heh, no, Tain could never fall in love with that guy >:/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum