Twilight Realms Of Elberen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat-Based Cooperative Storytelling

Download RaidCall!
Radio Rivendell - The Fantasy Radio Station!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 2: A Hammer In Time Saves Corporeally Displaced Elden Rogues.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin

<Scene=> Grond crashes to the ground with a gigantic lizard on top of him.

Andel cries out and leaps to the side.

Grondthanc wrestles the thing into a pin laughing.

Andel blinks several times and looks over at the aged Grandthanc, who shrugs and shakes his head.

Grondthanc gets a hold of the beast from under it's arms and lift it up "Gingrich!"

<Andel> I....you know this beast? I thought it was going to take your head off!

<Grondthanc> He tried! But once I pinned him he knew it was his old friend Grond! Andel, meet Gingrich. *he turns the large reptile to make eye-contact with Andel*

Andel smiles nervously

<Grondthanc> Come then! Lets see if we can get inside the door without another lizard leaping on us!

Grondthanc thuds through the door as the lizard crawls up and rests two legs on one of his shoulders, and the other two on the other shoulder

<Grandthanc> I thought for sure that lizard would have left after you.....left.

Grondthanc chuckles hearing his father as he enters his chamber

<Scene=> A large Trall female stands in the middle of the room holding a large tome and smiling at Grond as he enters.

Grondthanc wipes some lizard spit from his face and looks to the Trall to see who it is

<Kartz> Well, look who's decided to come home. I suppose you'll be wanting your room back....

Grondthanc is silent for a moment then bursts out in a laugh and charges at his sister. Gingrich flys off his shoulders screeching and when he reachs Kartz he picks her up and spins her once "KARTZ!"
<Grondthanc> her up*

<Kartz> Ugh! Where have you been? You smell like....Elden!

<Andel> ......thank you.

<Grondthanc> I do! I do! My word you have gotten tall! *sets her down at once*

<Grandthanc> Not tall enough, I say!

Grondthanc glances to the door where is father seems to be standing "Bah of course not...she has some time. She is only 40 something."

Andel jumps as an armored Trall appears in the doorway, his face concerned.

<Guard> M-My lord Grandthanc....there is....something has happened.

Grondthanc turns around to look to the door now the excitment in his face dying down.

<Grandthanc> Eh? What is it?

<Guard> It's Goliath....he...My lord, you had better come quickly.

Andel looks over at Grond with arched brows.

Grondthanc makes a sound only a trall could make similar to a whistle and Gingrich crawls up his body to rest on his shoulders.
Andel follows Grandthanc out the door and down the stairs, looking over his shoulder at Grond and mouthing 'What is going on?'.

Grondthanc thuds down the stairs as well and shrugs.

<Andel> *muttering*......blastedclosemouthedtrallandtheirsecretsInevergettoldanything.......

Grondthanc does not pick up a word of it due to the massive lizard chewing on his ear as the group reaches the bottom of the stairs.

Andel follows the group down to the main audience chamber. Someone is shouting in a deep rumbling voice and a sizable crowd has gathered. Goliath stands in the center.

Grondthanc eyes narrow slightly puzzled.

<Goliath> Is this how you want to live, my people? Is this how we are to be ruled? An exile is allowed to return?

Grondthanc stays near the back of the group on the stairs his orange eyes glowing in the dim light.

Andel frowns as an angry murmur rises from the gathered throng.

Goliath spots Grond and a slow smile crosses his broad features.

<Goliath> And here he is now, the outcast! Come to stain us with his treasonous ways!

<Grondthanc> Treasonous? Need I remind you the unjust sentence to which I was throw out for in the first place!

<Goliath> And now he questions the just judgement of our High Chieftain!

<Grondthanc> More or less I was banished for giving directions!

<Grandthanc> Silence, Goliath! You have no right -

<Goliath> I have every right! I have the right to claim...Toruk-shak!

Grondthanc eyes widen and Gingrich screechs.

Andel 's eyes widen as a gasp falls over the crowd. Someone whispers 'trial by combat' and his eyes get wider.

<Andel> Oh.....hells.

<Grondthanc> Goliath have you a piece of lance stuck in your brain!?

<Goliath> Afraid, coward?

<Kartz> He's not afraid of you, you filthy maggot!

<Grondthanc> Wait...you challenge...me?

<Goliath> Who else? You are the criminal here!

<Grandthanc> I....cannot refuse a claim of Toruk-shak.....

Grondthanc is at a lose for words, Goliath is one of the greatest warriors currently in Elberen. "I-I..."

Grondthanc looks to his father.

<Kartz> My brother accepts! I hope you have kin to bury you, dog!

Grondthanc nods simply, his eyes glazed over almost.

<Grondthanc> Yes...AHEM I mean y-yes! I accept!

Andel mouths curses as the crowd widens to form a large circle. Someone throws Goliath a wicked battle-axe and he grins evilly.

Grondthanc looks around to see who has his hammer Thadrak "R-right here?!?"

Andel winces as Grandthanc hands Grond his hammer ((which has miraculously transformed from a battle-axe)).

Grondthanc takes the hammer and steps down the stairs now, fear begining to leave his eyes slowly.

<Goliath> Well, whelp? Ready to meet your ancestors?

<Grondthanc> Zirzak will make better company than the ogre you where pushed out of Goliath.

Goliath roars and lunges for Grond, swinging his axe.

<Andel> Oh shi - !!

Goliath And falls over on his face. Everyone looks and sees Kartz with her foot stuck out, having tripped Goliath....she grins sheepishly.

Grondthanc stands from his crouched position to see Goliath on the floor.

Goliath stands and glares at Kartz, who blows him a kiss.

Grondthanc readies himself to be attacked again, Thadrak clenched in both hands.

Goliath roars once more and swings downward with his axe at Grond's skull.

Grondthanc ducks just in time, a single braid is chopped off his head and while on the ground he japs the hammer towards Goliath's knee.

Andel quietly begins mouthing syllables, his eyes fixed on Grond's hammer...his eyes begins to glow azure....

Andel gasps along with the crowd as a *CRACK!* is heard as Thadrak connects with Goliath's knee. He stumbles and clutches it, howling in rage and pain.

Grondthanc quickly scrabbles up to his feet his orange eyes now narrowed.

<Scene=> A low-pitched hum begins to rise from Thadrak, the hammer beginning to glow a deep azure.

Grondthanc looks at the hammer his face a visage of confusion, Trall have always been wary of magic.

Goliath hesitates...uncertainty written on his face as the crowd moves even further back.

Grondthanc Lets out a roar and now charges Goliath.

<Scene=> The hammer hums and leaves an azure tracer behind it as it clashes against Goliath's hastily upraised axe.

Grondthanc hammer flys back from the recoil and he stumbles a bit but regains his footing.

Goliath Shouts and drives forward with his axe in a blow designed to smash through Thadrak's handle.

Grondthanc has the hammer fly from his hand as he would much rather loose the hammer than a hand, he quickly looks to Goliath wide-eyed
Andel mouths a syllable and the hammer suddenly flies through the air back to Grond's hand.

Andel blinks in surprise.

<Andel> Damn me to hells! It worked!

Goliath Growls as the crowd begins to chant "Thadrak! Thadrak! Thadrak!"

Grondthanc grins and charges Goliath again swinging the hammer up to hit his chest.

Andel 's eye go wide as the hammer connects solidly, propelling Goliath up and over the crowd to smash into a stone wall.....leaving a crater.

Grondthanc lets out a single loud "HA!" and looks at the crater happily, his face surprised and pleased.

Goliath staggers clumsily from the crater, his eyes locked on Grond.

<Goliath> I...will kill you....outcast....

Grondthanc grins and says bluntly "try."

Goliath Swings at Grond a chilling decapitation-blow....

Grondthanc full of energy ducks quickly and jumps back then, it was close...but he is so full of himself at the moment he barely noticed.
Grondthanc throws Thadrak from hand to hand and then spins it around a few time before letting it fly at Goliath.

Andel gives a shout as the crowd screams. Lightning collects from all corners of the room and flies to illuminate the head of Thadrak. There is a massive explosion as the hammer hits Goliath, sending dust and debris in all directions. Everyone is thrown to their knees as the entire area where Goliath stood is obscured by a cloud of dust.

Grondthanc flys back laughing and cheering.

Andel squints as he looks into the cloud, which begins to settle....blood and gore stains everything and....something....a figure...stands in the center....crouched.

Grondthanc stumbles up off the pile of over downed Tralls.
Andel 's eyes go wide

<Andel> It....it's not possible....

Grondthanc thuds over to the figure.

Andel stumbles forward as the familiar figure of an Elden female slowly stands, her hair disheveled and her hands at her sides.

<Tain> Tain blinks and coughs then begins to move forward into the room.

<Grondthanc> HOLY ZIRZAK!

<Tain> "Where...what...who...Grond? Andel!"

Grondthanc jaw drops.

<Tain> She stumbles over a large pile of debris, losing her footing and sprawls onto the ground.

Kartz makes the sign against evil.

Grondthanc picks up the hammer who's name will be known to every Trall soon.

Grandthanc stands back.

Andel runs to embrace Tain.

<Tain> Tain lays where she fell, and sobs

Grondthanc looks around at the crowd and coughs a moment. Then blinks in surprise at the magical hammer having magically appeared in his hand and raises Thadrak into the air.

<Tain> "Andel? I...what...I'm sorry I can't..." She hiccups and sobs louder

<Andel> T-Tain! Are...how? Are you hurt? By Windfather and Mother Moon....by all the gods of my people!!

<Scene=> The crowd is long silent...then begins to chant once more. "Grondthanc! Grondthanc! Grondthanc!"

<Tain> Tain turns her face against Andel's chest and cries as if her heart would break. Little hiccups and murmurings escape her lips every now and then. She sounds confused and frightened.

Grondthanc laughs and is nearly brought to tears, he pumps his fist and Thadrak in the air to the chanting.

Andel holds Tain and looks fearfully about at the masses of chanting Trall.

<Tain> Tain manages to speak but her words are muffled.

<Scene=> Suddenly, there is a scream of purest anguish.

Grondthanc eyes widen and he lets his hammer fall.

Andel 's head snaps over to see Kartz, her head thrown back and tears streaming down her face as she kneels over the still body....of Grandthanc III, the ancient Trall's sickness having finally overcome him.

<Tain> Tain covers her ears with her hands and trembles.

Grondthanc remains silent staring.

<Tain> She lifts her chin and stares almost uncomprehendingly into Andel's eyes.

Grondthanc walks slowly over to his sister.

Andel is silent along with the crowd and Kartz slowly stands. Tears streaming down her face, she slowly approaches Grond and looks into his eyes for a long moment. Then, she kneels before him and places her hands palm upward toward him. "Hail Grondthanc, son of Grandthanc....High Chieftain of Dharfang."

<Scene=> The crowd slowly begins to chant once more. "Grondthanc! Grondthanc! Grondthanc!"

Grondthanc looks around still in his dirty woodsman atire speechless.

<Andel> Oh.....there'll be no end to his boasting now.....

TO BE CONTINUED......

https://elberen.rpg-board.net

2Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 2: A Hammer In Time Saves Corporeally Displaced Elden Rogues. Empty Re Rise of Vhorn Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

This birds-eye image was taken from above Dharfang exactly 43 minutes after Grondthanc was put in charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1f6vbiuUt0&feature=related

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

Grond blew up the city?

4Rise Of The Vhorn Chapter 2: A Hammer In Time Saves Corporeally Displaced Elden Rogues. Empty Re joke Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:11 pm

Weldulf

Weldulf

That humor flew right over you head eh didn't it? haha

Faeriecakes

Faeriecakes

Yeah, well...I'm a little S-L-O-W Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum